Does my employer need to file an amended LCA and H1B when salary decreases from 92k to 70k?

Does my employer need to file an amended LCA and H1B when salary decreases from 92k to 70k?

Hello reader,

I hope you are in good health.

My current employer is decreasing my salary by $20000. The employer states that an LCA has been filed with the Labor Department.

A few details on my approved H1B with last LCA are as below: 
Job Title - Software Engineer
SOC Occupation Title - Software Developers, Applications
SOC Code - 15-1132
Wage Level - 2

My I140 has been approved in EB2 category.

Would the SOC Code of the new LCA be changed? And if so are there any damages on H1B renewal next year or on my I140 (Green Card)if the SOC Code changes? Does my employer need to file an amended LCA and H1B when salary decreases from 92k to 70k?

Whenever there is a material change in the conditions of employment, a new lca and amended petition for h1b needs to be filed. So if your salary decreases, an Lca and h1b amendment needs to be filed. GC will not be affected by this.

USCIS is extremely vigilant these days and if possible you should have the same soc code but in case the employment conditions change, the employer can change the Soc code. Approval or denial of H1B will depend on the documentation your employer presents in front of USCIS. SOC level has nothing to do with it. However, level 1s are being frowned these days.