All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SunnyPP

DS 160 - Present work information details - In case of new job - H1B

Hello everyone, I have a unique case where my petition by my employer A was declined by USCIS while I was working with it (On receipt for multiple reasons beyond the scope of this thread) and I had to return to India since I didn't have any grace period left on my H1B for employer A.

Employer A refiled my petition with updated details while I went home. In the meanwhile I also got another job which I am interested to move to with Employer B and they also filed my petition for H1B transfer of employer. 

Now, both the petitions from employer A and employer B are approved for 3 years. I want to join employer B. The question I have is, to get employer B's stamp on my passport do I add its details in 'present work information' on DS-160 form or just add it in 'temporary work visa' section and leave employer A as my present employer? The issue with adding employer B in 'present work information' is that it requires a start date which must be prior to the current date and my start date in the employer B's offer letter is one month in the future. This is probably a complicated and unique situation and that's precisely why I don't have any baseline to follow. Kindly advise. 

Thanks!

If you are not going to work for A you can't list their information.

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, SunnyPP said:

Hello everyone, I have a unique case where my petition by my employer A was declined by USCIS while I was working with it (On receipt for multiple reasons beyond the scope of this thread) and I had to return to India since I didn't have any grace period left on my H1B for employer A.

Employer A refiled my petition with updated details while I went home. In the meanwhile I also got another job which I am interested to move to with Employer B and they also filed my petition for H1B transfer of employer. 

Now, both the petitions from employer A and employer B are approved for 3 years. I want to join employer B. The question I have is, to get employer B's stamp on my passport do I add its details in 'present work information' on DS-160 form or just add it in 'temporary work visa' section and leave employer A as my present employer? The issue with adding employer B in 'present work information' is that it requires a start date which must be prior to the current date and my start date in the employer B's offer letter is one month in the future. This is probably a complicated and unique situation and that's precisely why I don't have any baseline to follow. Kindly advise. 

Thanks!

just provide the details of the employer with whom you will be working and presenting I797 for visa stamping, that's most relevant and crucial part for the visa processing, if there is a section to provide past employment history then you may provide the details of other employers as well.

Hi SunnyPP/ashukla,

I am in a similar situation while filling up DS-160 form. Here are the details - 

I was working for company A in US on receipt and the petition was denied and I had to leave the country. The same employer again filed a new petition for me and that got approved .Now the question is what should I specify in current employer section in DS-160? . My previous employer is the same as the one that got my new petition approved but since my employment is a future date I have this confusion.

My assignment start date is  mid of August but system does not take future date. As of now, I have specified the Company A in current employer and have specified the joining date as the date when I joined the company over receipt which is in 2018. If they ask me on this during stamping I can explain the situation but I am not sure on how should I put it in DS-160.

Your inputs would be very helpful.

Thanks.