Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
02112018

what if H1-B extension gets rejected while i-485/i-130 is in process

Recommended Posts

Hello Experts,

My family based i-485/i-130(GC) is in process, waiting for interview to be scheduled and also my h1-b is up for renewal this sept 2019. Before my i-485/i130 gets approved, what are the next steps if H1-B extension gets rejected ? Do I have to go back to India until GC interview gets scheduled ?

Thanks in advance.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Yes I have filed the AOS in April and current status is : Case is Ready to schedule an interview but I am sure it takes a month or two to schedule interview for GC so meanwhile checking what happens if h1 rejects 😞

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/16/2019 at 11:17 PM, pontevecchio said:

Have you already filed the AOS?

Yes I have filed the AOS in April and current status is : Case is Ready to schedule an interview but I am sure it takes a month or two to schedule interview for GC so meanwhile checking what happens if h1 rejects 😞

Share this post


Link to post

You can stay in the US as long as your I-485 is pending but you cannot work unless you have an EAD.

Edited by newacct

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/20/2019 at 11:57 AM, newacct said:

You can stay in the US as long as your I-485 is pending but you cannot work unless you have an EAD.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×