H1B Premium processing time and approval status

Hello,

I would like to know if there are any updates / changes to H1B approval process lately for premium cases, in terms of new process introduced like pre-approval verification. My visa got expired on March 01, 2019 and waiting for extension approval. 

I have upgraded my petition to premium (which was sent to California center during first week of Dec 2018 H1B extension and amendment from new client) during first week of March 2019 and got first RFE in couple of days, and we provided the response during third week of April and they issued second RFE around end of April. We responded to second RFE and USCIS received response on 06/18, I am still waiting for approval status update.

I am following up with my employer and they in turn following up attorney and all I am hearing is that the petition is still pending at USCIS and it’s in pre-approval verification. I am not sure what is going on and how much time it will take to complete the approval process, as I need to join new project by mid of next week 7/22.

Any thoughts or inputs on this is much appreciated!

• 1 month later...