All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chandukcs

Approved I-140. Relocate to home country for few years and come back

I have an approved I-140 with a company A , and I will be completing my 3 years of my  original H1B as of Dec 2019. Company A, will be extending my H1B for next 3 years until say- Oct 2022 (Give or take 2 months). 

I will be completing 180 days, post I-140 approval by this Dec,2019.  I have plans to go to my home country in March 2020 , get VISA stamped and come back to US resign with the company and go back to my home country for 2 years for some personal reasons. Company A will withdraw my H1B once I resign .

So, if I plan on coming back to US after 2 years- say in March 2021. Can I apply for the job in new company B from my home country-and once I get an offer- Can company B sponsor my H1B under cap exempt using my approval I-140? For company B to sponsor my H1B, should I be in the 3 year H1B extended time frame(that I got from I-140?)

or

If I plan on coming back to US after 4 years- say in March 2023. Can I apply for the job in new company C from my home country-and once I get an offer- Can company C sponsor my H1B under cap exempt using my approval I-140? 

Thanks for you help!