Visa is valid till April 2020 but I94 is expiring by Oct 2019

Hi

My son got his H4 visa stamped till April 2020, but his passport is expiring by Oct 2019. So when he entered USA, he got his I94 only till Oct 2019 and the same was mentioned in his passport port of entry stamp. 

He got his new passport. 

1. So does the I94 date needs to get modified? or can he continue to stay on an expired I94 as he have visa till April 2020 on his old passport.

2. In case if he has to get a fresh I94 with updated date. Can we get it updated with out leaving the country(USA)? if so can someone explain what is the procedure.

Thanks

22 hours ago, Boopesh said:

Hi

My son got his H4 visa stamped till April 2020, but his passport is expiring by Oct 2019. So when he entered USA, he got his I94 only till Oct 2019 and the same was mentioned in his passport port of entry stamp. 

He got his new passport. 

1. So does the I94 date needs to get modified? or can he continue to stay on an expired I94 as he have visa till April 2020 on his old passport.

2. In case if he has to get a fresh I94 with updated date. Can we get it updated with out leaving the country(USA)? if so can someone explain what is the procedure.

Thanks

1 ANS: I suggest you follow step 2. Can be modified but don't stay untill 2020

2 ANS: Renew your sons passport and go to CBP office before Oct 2019 and can be updted... no need to worry... but apply passport process ASAP getting new passport takes several weeks.