visa stamping got 221g in Chennai

Hi All,

I went for visa stamping interview in Chennai on July 5th. I work in EVC Model. She asked me about my Employer and client and location I work. And asked me the client letter, W2, and finally i-797. After checking it for some time, she said "She is unable to find the case number". And later gave me 221g blue slip with a case number on it. And there is a checkbox checked that "Your Application is refused for administrative processing. The application will be considered when administrative processing is complete". When I am trying to check the visa status its saying "Invalid Application ID or Case Number". But when I am trying to check with DS-160 number it is saying Administrative Processing. I am not sure what me or my employer's next step? 

I am in confusion whether Administrative Processing is initiated or not. Is there anyone who faced the same situation? Can you please help me out what would be my next step or how can I move forward? And what is the meaning of "Your Application is refused for administrative processing. The application will be considered when administrative processing is complete" in 221g?

thanks

What you mean by case number you mean DS160 or H1B recepit number. Did you make sure you gave correct H1B receipt number in DS 160 and also profile where you book visa interview. Give your H1B receipt number below and see what it says

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

If it finds it then might be you gave wrong in DS 160 or visa interview booking site.

Can you please help me out what would be my next step or how can I move forward?  - Beside wait you cannot do anything.

If possible check DS 160 confirmation page and also visa booking site for your H1B receipt number.

Your application is in 221G and they cannot give your visa now. That is the meaning of it.

Hi Lakshma19

Based on what happened to me, you will be contacted for documentation to be submitted once Consulate does its first round of admin processing. 

Also for checking the status try case number in this format 2019XXX XXX XXXX

Either case number or DS160 confirmation number can be used for checking the status.