Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nani85

H1B holder stuck in India on 221g while H4 wife pregnant in 3rd trimister in USA

Recommended Posts


I have to travel to india on a family Emergency and had to attend H1B Visa Stamping. My wife is in US on H4 visa and is currently 31 weeks pregnant. If my Visa gets rejected during stamping with in 2-3 weeks ( before 35 weeks of pregnancy ) she will travel back to India since she will be out of status in US. But if I get a 221g and get stuck in India then what are options for me for my wife not to go out of status in US ? Because if my 221g result is Negative ( H1B denied ) after 36 weeks of her pregnancy she cannot travel to India as it is not safe. So, how can I prevent my wife from going out of status in USA while I am waiting for 221g result in India ?

Edited by Nani85

Share this post


Link to post

I am sorry to hear your situation. I feel that you did not attend visa interview and going to attend in near future and thinking about all various possible outcomes. In this forum we are not seeing successful cases from India it does not mean everyone is getting 221G. There are lot of people who are getting stamped but just that people do not post happy news. Just be positive. If you are confident and your cases is clean surely you will get stamping. Might be after checking your case they will give you.

Share this post


Link to post

She should travel right now. That prevents her having issues if your H1 is denied or gets a 221g.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×