Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Attorney_22

August Visa Bulletin: Priority Dates Retrogress

Recommended Posts

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding the visa bulletin and filing for adjustment of status prior to the retrogression.    

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.
2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.
3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.
4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question on Recent Retrogression of EB-3 Employment Based.

1. Is there a way to find out when EB3 visa number will returns to its July 2019 numbers.

2. Based on your other topic in Murthy Bulletin that USCIS will improve the processing time for 485 application by re-distributing the applications across other field offices, will this help in returning back the retrogressed numbers.

3. How to know visa number availability by each category EB1, EB2, EB3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 12:45 AM, dsubroto said:

Question on Recent Retrogression of EB-3 Employment Based.

1. Is there a way to find out when EB3 visa number will returns to its July 2019 numbers.

2. Based on your other topic in Murthy Bulletin that USCIS will improve the processing time for 485 application by re-distributing the applications across other field offices, will this help in returning back the retrogressed numbers.

3. How to know visa number availability by each category EB1, EB2, EB3 

Based on the opinion of Charlie Oppenheim we expect the visa numbers to move forward again in October. However, it is unclear if they will return to the July 2019 dates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aashish24 said:

Folks, I was told that EB1 India is unavailable since July 17th as per an internal USCIS memo. Has anyone heard of it? 

That is correct, it is expected to be unavailable for the rest of the fiscal year (until October 1, 2019). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Attorney_22 said:

That is correct, it is expected to be unavailable for the rest of the fiscal year (until October 1, 2019). 

Thanks. Would there be any chance that spill over may make it available in September? Also, is there an official document that can be referred?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 1:21 PM, aashish24 said:

Thanks. Would there be any chance that spill over may make it available in September? Also, is there an official document that can be referred?

We cannot rule out the possibility, but it appears to be unlikely.

As far as I know, there is no official document. The information provided is based on communications between AILA and Mr. Oppenheim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×