H1B Extension with EB1 Approved

Hi,

I have my EB-1 I-140 approved with Priority dates Dec 2018 and my H1B visa max-out year is 2023.

My current H1B visa is expiring in Dec 2019 and I need to apply for Extension. My employer is saying i cannot apply for H1B extension as my EB1 I-140 is approved. Is this true ?

What options do I have if I cannot apply for extension beyond DEC 2019 to legally stay in USA. 

• 7 months later...
On 7/10/2019 at 1:49 PM, pavankumarn123 said:

Hi,

I have my EB-1 I-140 approved with Priority dates Dec 2018 and my H1B visa max-out year is 2023.

My current H1B visa is expiring in Dec 2019 and I need to apply for Extension. My employer is saying i cannot apply for H1B extension as my EB1 I-140 is approved. Is this true ?

What options do I have if I cannot apply for extension beyond DEC 2019 to legally stay in USA. 

Hi,

I am in the same boat as you, and my dates also more or less match with your dates. I would like to know what happened with your case.  Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.