H1B - Visa Stamping @ Mexico

why did u go without a client letter , may be u have to wait in mexico, till this cleared, i have heard about people going back to home country after a month long wait, then if they approve it, then you have to fly back and get u r passports stamped.

heard due to no re entry people left to mexico city and from there they had to go to europe -india as flight routing was so different, this was back in 2012 when things were very difficult

but 221g result in mexico might be sooner, check for the previous posts with similar experiences

Edited by mavrikicecool
21 hours ago, longtimeh1transfer said:

Hello All,

I came to Mexico with my family to get my visa stamped. However, I got 221g requesting for a client letter. I work for a federal agency and as per their policy they are not providing the letter. 

Could anyone please suggest me what are all the options do I have?

Thanks,

Ayodhya

An email from client stating their policy about client letters. Also check with your employer what can be done.

Without full details its hard to tell. If you work for federal agency I am sure USCIS and VO officer wll know the rules. I was under impression that federal agencies will not do H1Bs. In 221G did they ask you to send any thing. if so send a mail to your manager at work. If he/she says they cannot provide then send same email reply to USCIS. What your immigration attorney saying?

Edited by gopalakrishnach

HEllo which consulate did you go to? If you have any contract between end client and prime vendor give that. else give the prime vendor letter and any kind of email from your end client manager stating that you work there as a contractor but cant give any letter. these are the alternative documents. you can also attached your end client badge ID copy . It will depend on the officer to approve your visa or not. Good luck

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 2:27 PM, longtimeh1transfer said:

Hello All,

I came to Mexico with my family to get my visa stamped. However, I got 221g requesting for a client letter. I work for a federal agency and as per their policy they are not providing the letter. 

Could anyone please suggest me what are all the options do I have?

Thanks,

Ayodhya

Which place in mexico you attended an interview?

Any update about your 221G?