H4 Extension when another H4 application is in progress with USCIS

Hello,

We have applied H1 and H4 applications to USCIS two months back and i got my H1 application approved. However my H1 got approved for only three months.

Our company is planning to apply my H1B again for extension of 3 years, But currently the H4 applications are pending with USCIS. Can i apply H4 with my new H1 applications when previously applied H4 extensions are in-progress(in received status) with USCIS.

Here is the question i see on form i539: 

In Part3. Processing Information 

3.a. Is this application based on a separate petition or application to provide your spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status?

Yes, filed with this Form I-539

No

Yes, filed previously and pending with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

3.b. If pending with USCIS, provide Receipt Number

For  the above question on 3.a. Do I need to select both Yes check boxes( 1. Yes, filed with this Form I-539, 2.Yes, filed previously and pending with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)) and provide the previous H4 pending receipt number ?

(or) 

Select only  "Yes, filed previously and pending with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)." and provide the previous H4 pending receipt number.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

12 hours ago, Anonymous79 said:

Hello,

We have applied H1 and H4 applications to USCIS two months back and i got my H1 application approved. However my H1 got approved for only three months.

Our company is planning to apply my H1B again for extension of 3 years, But currently the H4 applications are pending with USCIS. Can i apply H4 with my new H1 applications when previously applied H4 extensions are in-progress(in received status) with USCIS.

Here is the question i see on form i539: 

In Part3. Processing Information 

3.a. Is this application based on a separate petition or application to provide your spouse, child, or parent an extension or change of status?

Yes, filed with this Form I-539

No

Yes, filed previously and pending with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

3.b. If pending with USCIS, provide Receipt Number

For  the above question on 3.a. Do I need to select both Yes check boxes( 1. Yes, filed with this Form I-539, 2.Yes, filed previously and pending with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)) and provide the previous H4 pending receipt number ?

(or) 

Select only  "Yes, filed previously and pending with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)." and provide the previous H4 pending receipt number.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Your attorney can help you with those questions.