All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Addy126

I-140 Priority date transfer before 180 days of notice with old employer

Hi All,

I've been working with employer A for a long time and have an H1-B and approved I-140 with them,

but I haven't finished 180 days of employment after the I-140 approval notice (I140 received date Dec 2018 and approval notice date is Feb 2019) 

I'm moving to a new employer B in a couple of weeks and just got my H1-B with employer B is approved,

1. Is there anything that my employer B could do right now to preserve my priority date? Since I don't have the 180 day period completed yet.

Employer A is strict about revoking H1-B and I-140 immediately after I move to a new employer. 

2. Most Importantly, Is there still a thing that I need to stay with employer A for more than 180 days If I want to keep my priority date.

1. Your PD has always been retainable in the absence of fraud. You will lose the ability to get H1 extensions till the PD is current if your I-140 is revoked before 6 months are over.

2. No such thing. Usually and generally, PD Retention has always been possible.

This is really useful information. I am in a same situation .

My I-140 Approved and am going to change employer within 2 months from I-140 approval.

Hope I can retain PD , when new employer files I-140 even though current employer withdraws I-140.

Please advise,.,.