All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manoj.N

NOIR - Notice Of Intent to Revoke 212(a)(6)(C)(i)

After issuing 221g, Chennai consulate has denied my visa (H1B extension stamping) and forwarded the case to USCIS for review. I am yet to receive a reply from USCIS whereas the section mentioned in the consular reply is worrisome. 

If USCIS revokes the petition, the beneficiary may become ineligible for a visa under Immigration and Nationality Act Section 212(a)(6)(C)(i) (or other appropriate section).

Does the 212(a)(6)(C)(i) section means, I am inadmissible for life to the USA if USCIS revokes it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Manoj.N

22 hours ago, Manoj.N said:

After issuing 221g, Chennai consulate has denied my visa (H1B extension stamping) and forwarded the case to USCIS for review. I am yet to receive a reply from USCIS whereas the section mentioned in the consular reply is worrisome. 

Does the 212(a)(6)(C)(i) section means, I am inadmissible for life to the USA if USCIS revokes it?

Thanks in advance.

No. It is just for that petition.

Thank you @gopalakrishnachand @shekar11# 

But when I google search the section most of the blogs says inadmissible for life and that's why I am more worried. 

Also, if USCIS doesn't send NOIR what are the next steps I should take?

8 hours ago, Manoj.N said:

But when I google search the section most of the blogs says inadmissible for life and that's why I am more worried. 

Better to contact your employers attorney for more clarity.

9 hours ago, Manoj.N said:

You really need to understand things before coming to wrong conclusions.

That original line is boilerplate, meaning that depending on the individual situation, a person may fall under that section of the law OR some other section. It says "or other appropriate section."

The section of the law you mention would only apply if you misrepresented a material fact.

Edited by JoeF

Had received that a while back. Your employer can contest it and USCIC re-approved in my case. Then again back to consulate and got it stamped. As long as case is good and your employer stands by you it will be all fine.