Passport Premium Delivery vs pickup

I need my passport asap after my h1b stamping because i'm cutting close on my return flight. 

I have my visa interview on wednesday in kolkatta (July 17).. current return flight is on 22nd morning. meaning i should get the passport on or before 21th sunday. (otherwise reschedule my flight is the only option). I have to get my passport in chennai.. 

1. Which option is faster? Pickup or Premium(Home) Delivery? (Home is in Chennai)

2. How does premium(Home) Delivery works. passport will be directly sent to Courier services or it goes to local VFC first (chennai) and then courier service will take care?

On 7/4/2019 at 9:45 PM, deva.ora@gmail.com said:

I need my passport asap after my h1b stamping because i'm cutting close on my return flight. 

I have my visa interview on wednesday in kolkatta (July 17).. current return flight is on 22nd morning. meaning i should get the passport on or before 21th sunday. (otherwise reschedule my flight is the only option). I have to get my passport in chennai.. 

1. Which option is faster? Pickup or Premium(Home) Delivery? (Home is in Chennai)

2. How does premium(Home) Delivery works. passport will be directly sent to Courier services or it goes to local VFC first (chennai) and then courier service will take care?

Whatever service you choose, you cannot get the passport stamped that quickly. You have interview on Wednesday 17th and need to travel on 22nd which is highly impossible. Pickup is always better. Passport will be sent to VFC first and then couriered. Better to re schedule the flight.