H4 EAD validity when spouse H1 is ported to new employer

My wife has an H4 EAD that expires in June 2021. My H1B is also approved till June 2021. I am now planning to change my employer. So when I port my H1 to my new employer using premium processing, I will apply for my wife's H4 and EAD as well. I was told that H4 gets approved fast along with H1 but EAD takes 5 - 6 months due to delay in biometric. Can my wife continue to work with her existing EAD till the new one comes since its valid till June 2021? Or does it mean that once I port my H1 to new employer, her current EAD becomes invalid and she has to wait for the new one in order to work?

On 7/3/2019 at 1:32 PM, SRf said:

My wife has an H4 EAD that expires in June 2021. My H1B is also approved till June 2021. I am now planning to change my employer. So when I port my H1 to my new employer using premium processing, I will apply for my wife's H4 and EAD as well. I was told that H4 gets approved fast along with H1 but EAD takes 5 - 6 months due to delay in biometric. Can my wife continue to work with her existing EAD till the new one comes since its valid till June 2021? Or does it mean that once I port my H1 to new employer, her current EAD becomes invalid and she has to wait for the new one in order to work?

No need to apply for H-4 and H-4 EAD again. You can use the existing docs till June 2021. Make a note to renew H-4 and H-4 EAD around Feb 2021.