All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reddy99

Can I return back to US on valid F-1 visa while H1B stamping in progress

Hello All,

I am on F1 visa and it's expiring on September 2019. My H1B petition approved in May 2019  but Change of status (COS) not approved. My question is –

• I am planning to go to H1B stamping in early August, Can come back to the USA on F1 Visa if some issue or delay in H1B stamping?  

Thank you &  I appreciate your help. 

On 7/3/2019 at 10:19 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

Once you to H1B visa stamping I feel they might cancel other visas. I may be wrong.

They cancel sometimes. If you are lucky they might just leave it.

They usually cancel existing visas (they shouldn't, but at least in certain countries they do.)

Edited by JoeF

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 2:07 PM, reddy99 said:

Hello All,

I am on F1 visa and it's expiring on September 2019. My H1B petition approved in May 2019  but Change of status (COS) not approved. My question is –

• I am planning to go to H1B stamping in early August, Can come back to the USA on F1 Visa if some issue or delay in H1B stamping?  

Thank you &  I appreciate your help. 

Your COS will not be effective till Oct 1st, so if you go for stamping in August then latest you can travel back by Sept 23 not earlier than that, your F-1 visa will be cancelled for sure, irrespective of your H1B stamping outcome. So plan accordingly and advisable do not travel before your COS become effective.