Traveling to India from USA on expired Visa

gattum2

Hi,

I am traveling to India from USA on expired visa via United Airlines they are keep on saying that Air India flights to Delhi is un-operable. They have some country restrictions they can't enter into some countries Aero space.

Now i am looking what options i have ? besides middle East countries ( this is not possible because United doesn't have tied up with Middle east airlines).

Any other countries will allow like UK, Germany, China, Japan etc ?

Thanks,

Mahesh

On 7/1/2019 at 12:21 PM, gattum2 said:

Hi,

I am traveling to India from USA on expired visa via United Airlines they are keep on saying that Air India flights to Delhi is un-operable. They have some country restrictions they can't enter into some countries Aero space.

Now i am looking what options i have ? besides middle East countries ( this is not possible because United doesn't have tied up with Middle east airlines).

Any other countries will allow like UK, Germany, China, Japan etc ?

Thanks,

Mahesh

Take a non stop flight to India or go through middle east. Airlines stopping through Europe will most likely would not let you board with an expired US visa even though you are going to your home country with a valid passport. Call airlines and clarify. These things keep changing.

This is a very common dilemma to all whose US visa has been expired but carries valid I-797. After a lot of brainstorming, I realized that Switzerland is the country (most likely the "only") in Europe which does not care about valid US visa as long as one has an onward ticket to India. Last moth I successfully flew to India with expired H1-B with a layover in Zurich. No issues whatsoever. The airline staff said that even though immunization document is required it is not mandatory. 

FYI, United goes to Zurich. 

Edited by Chai