Denial of Citizenship- 9 months overstay

Ketan786

My citizenship got DENIED last year in the interview as I stayed in India for 9 months from July 2015 to March 2016. I was a caretaker for my mother's illness but the USCIS did not consider that reason as valid and basis. The reason for denial was "break in continuity of residence".

When am I eligible to reapply for citizenship again? I read the USCIS manual for the 4 year / 1 day rule and so thought of checking with you if it applies to me safely and if I can reapply in April 2020?,
https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-d-chapter-3

Files are attached for reference.

3. Eligibility after Break in Residence
An applicant who is required to establish continuous residence for at least 5 years [15] and whose application for naturalization is denied for an absence of one year or longer, may apply for naturalization four years and one day after returning to the United States to resume permanent residence. An applicant who is subject to the three-year continuous residence requirement [16] may apply two years and one day after returning to the United States to resume permanent residence.

Thanks again,

20190626150431.pdf

20190626150456.pdf

Edited by Ketan786
minor correction