All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sudha09

visitor visa for Sister in law

Hi, 

My sister in law applied for visitor visa last year which got rejected. This year I am planning to apply again with me as a sponsor. I have a couple of questions 

1. She is working as a business analyst for a company as simultaneously studying for BBA . There is no option to enter 2 things as current. If I give current as 'job'  I cannot give education as 2018 to 2020 it is not accepting saying' date cannot be greater than current date' What should I do? 

2. My wife has started job recently as well but she doesnt have a w2 form . Is there better chances of approval if she becomes the sponsor ? is it ok to not have w2 form? 

Thanks

Doesn't anyone ever read previous postings on this and numerous other sites??? For the 17,941st time, there is NO such thing as sponsorship for B2 applicants.....NONE....DOES NOT EXIST....and the COs do NOT care about who might pay for an airline ticket or buy a meal at a restaurant, nor will ANY letter of 'guarantee' signed by ANYONE on this planet make a bad case a good one, or qualify an otherwise unqualified applicant for a B2 visa...the COs do NOT care about YOUR job, YOUR wife's job, what kind of car you drive, how big your house is, how much $$ you might have in the bank or what type of shoes you wear....a B2 applicant MUST QUALIFY OR CONVINCE A CO THAT THEY OVERCOME 214b by themselves, without assistance of any kind from any human being currently residing 240,000 miles from the moon...there is nothing you can say, write or do that will change this simple LEGAL fact....if your SIL's circumstances have not changed much from the last time (and it does not sound like it from what you wrote), the outcome of her next interview is likely to be the same...if a CO is not convinced that an applicant will return after a visit nor engage in unauthorized employment...then the application is going to be denied....over my career as a CO, thousands of B2 applicants brought every imaginable kind of document, each hoping that their piece of paper would somehow work magic on me...those papers did nothing of the sort....most papers were not even looked at, for the simple reason is that, according to our current immigration laws, there is NO PIECE OF PAPER MENTIONED IN THOSE LAWS IN RELATION TO THE ADJUDICATION OF MANY TYPES OF VISA APPLICANTS, MOST NOTABLY B2 APPLICANTS, THAT IS A NECESSARY REQUIREMENT OF AN APPLICATION....and no piece of paper can exert physical/mental control over the future actions of anyone...which is why papers/documents mean nothing at those interviews....nor are promises/guarantees made by third parties acceptable, again, because there is no mention of those options in our laws...each applicant qualifies (or not) based on the merits of THEIR OWN SITUATION, not on the merits of anyone else's situation, save perhaps for minor children, who generally qualify through their parents....but adults by and large, stand alone and are judged alone. So all of this window dressing you are trying to apply will not have any positive effect on your SIL's next interview.

And finally, the challenge for COs in these situations is that over time, most have become aware of previous B2 applicants who abandoned jobs, school, parents, spouses and children to live illegally in the US and hope they could somehow scam other family members to join them,,,,which means the interview process for B2 applicants is SUBJECTIVE, not objective....there are no magic answers, no magic jobs, marital status nor social relationships that will guarantee anyone seeking a B2 visa with one or more of these alleged 'ties' will be granted the visa they seek...it's up to the CO...and ONLY the CO...no congressman/senator, dog catcher or even the president of the United States can order a CO to issue a visa....period.

On 6/22/2019 at 2:12 PM, Sudha09 said:

Hi, 

My sister in law applied for visitor visa last year which got rejected. This year I am planning to apply again with me as a sponsor. I have a couple of questions 

1. She is working as a business analyst for a company as simultaneously studying for BBA . There is no option to enter 2 things as current. If I give current as 'job'  I cannot give education as 2018 to 2020 it is not accepting saying' date cannot be greater than current date' What should I do? 

2. My wife has started job recently as well but she doesnt have a w2 form . Is there better chances of approval if she becomes the sponsor ? is it ok to not have w2 form? 

Thanks

First, there is no sponsoring for a visitor visa.

Second, she applies, not you.

She needs to convince the consular officer that she will return to her home country. You can do nothing.