H1-B amendment - received a NOID

Experts,

I have an H1-B with a valid I-94 till May, 2021. I found a new project and started that project in Feb, 2019. Only Amendment filed and notice received on Jan 31st, 2019. Received an RFE in May 2019, replied on June 5, 2019. Received a NOID today - Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed.

Questions -

1) Do we see a NOID in only Amendment applications?

2) If the amendment petition is rejected, can we file a new amendment again with the same client. I understand that new amendment will require new LCA and submission to USCIS which will take a week. I will not work for that week as I am not allowed.

3) Can they send a NOID and cancel the complete H1-B (the one with valid I-94 till May 2021)? 

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Did you actually get letter ? or just status has been updated online ? . Wait till you get actual notice. for Q-3 , It will be listed in NOID , what decision they have taken and yes It may be a possibility. Now a days they are doing it.  Not sure on Q1 & 2. regarding your status or you can work or not. Best of luck. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 2:25 PM, Rohitkaku1804 said:

Experts,

I have an H1-B with a valid I-94 till May, 2021. I found a new project and started that project in Feb, 2019. Only Amendment filed and notice received on Jan 31st, 2019. Received an RFE in May 2019, replied on June 5, 2019. Received a NOID today - Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed.

Questions -

1) Do we see a NOID in only Amendment applications?

2) If the amendment petition is rejected, can we file a new amendment again with the same client. I understand that new amendment will require new LCA and submission to USCIS which will take a week. I will not work for that week as I am not allowed.

3) Can they send a NOID and cancel the complete H1-B (the one with valid I-94 till May 2021)? 

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Did you know what is the reason for NOID?