H1b Stamping at Nuevo Laredo on 17th and 18th july 2019

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some one posted in FB:

We had recently been there to Monterrey in June for our L1B extension. We met three other folks who had come for their respective H1B extensions as well. 

1. Flight is the best mode of transport. We flew from Atlanta to Monterrey and one of the folks whom we met flew from Chicago. I am sure Houston and Dallas have connecting services as well. Another folk whom we met travelled via bus (Greyhound) and he did not have a good experience as per him. I don’t have an idea on self driving to this place. Though am a driving enthusiast, I will definitely not be willing to take that risk.

2. We stayed in Hotel Radisson in San Pedro area. Hotel services were decent and they do provide a shuttle to US Consulate and back. It is also 600m away from a big mall and hence all kinds of shopping is at a walkable distance. Since they have a wide variety of cuisines in the mall’s food court, you have plenty of options to choose from provided you are not a big fan of Mexican food. Uber Eats works as well. There is an Accenture office 10 minutes away from the hotel and one of the restaurants (I don’t remember the name) serves Indian Food for lunch. I couldn’t complain about the taste.

3. Parking at the Consulate is very limited and it is advised to take an Uber from your hotel if it doesn’t offer any shuttle services. You can’t take any electronic items (smart watches, headphones, mobiles, tablets etc.) or bag inside the Consulate. However there is a small canteen like shop just inside the Consulate gate. For a fee of 40 Pesos they take care of your belongings safe.

4. Biometrics and the interview locations are NOT the same. You should find the respective addresses in the appointment confirmation letter that you receive after your MRV fee payment. Also, plan your travel accordingly as during peak (office) hours, you can expect to see some traffic jam. Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time for both of your appointments. Weather is quite hot and dry.

5. It is a pretty busy Consulate and expect to stand close to an hour or two in line before your interview is complete. You could pay Fraud Detection fees inside the Consulate using your AMEX or any other international credit card.

6. Interview itself was pretty straight forward with usual questions like Job Duties, Salary, Number of Years with the Company, Specialized knowledge description (since mine was L1B) etc. Passport collection is within a day or two. Few of us got it the next day while few got it two days later. Everyone’s was approved. It is worth telling your VO that you have a flight to catch next day in order to expedite the passport collection if possible. It worked in our case, but cannot guarantee on this (sorry). Please note that Passport collection is only at the Consulate which is in the outskirts of the city.

7. If you have a valid US VISA or a Mexican tourist VISA, there should not be any problems for you to enter Mexico. For other I94 and Mexico entry related queries, probably Ernesto would be able to help.

Hopefully this answers most of your queries. Please respond in the comments section below if you have any further questions. I would answer as much as am aware of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Recently did stamping at Nuevo Laredo. Reached Laredo at 10 pm , took a cab ($75) to Holiday inn stayed there. ( if this was day time, i would have preferred to take cab to the border, cross the bridge and then take cab again) . They arranged for a cab to go to consulate and we can request for the driver to come back after a while or stay there. Same for lunch/ dinner. Some guys out there were staying at  Best Western (walkable Distance), either hotel is fine.  everyone is aware of  different  questions  that can be asked for visa interview , so will not write about that.  Passport can be available same day, or next day, after stamping. Overall good experience.

On 12/9/2019 at 10:54 AM, zorro3099 said:

Recently did stamping at Nuevo Laredo. Reached Laredo at 10 pm , took a cab ($75) to Holiday inn stayed there. ( if this was day time, i would have preferred to take cab to the border, cross the bridge and then take cab again) . They arranged for a cab to go to consulate and we can request for the driver to come back after a while or stay there. Same for lunch/ dinner. Some guys out there were staying at  Best Western (walkable Distance), either hotel is fine.  everyone is aware of  different  questions  that can be asked for visa interview , so will not write about that.  Passport can be available same day, or next day, after stamping. Overall good experience.

Congrats,  Zorro3099!

Did you take any agent service or did you travel to consulate/ASC your own? Do cabs in Nuevo Laredo accept US bills or did you carry Mexican Pesos? How long did it take for you to cross the border?

Thank you!