Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stampwithgrace

DUI renewal stamping with Dropbox- 2019

Recommended Posts

I am going for my 5th stamping for a h1b visa with dui and eligible for Dropbox. Does anyone have recent experience with it ? Last time I was called in for a interview and then approved. Want to know the recent trends. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, stampwithgrace said:

I am going for my 5th stamping for a h1b visa with dui and eligible for Dropbox. Does anyone have recent experience with it ? Last time I was called in for a interview and then approved. Want to know the recent trends. 

Same. You will be called for interview again.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, shekar11# said:

Same. You will be called for interview again.

I am going to India for 2 and half weeks. Do you think that will be sufficient time to drop passport for dropbox. then get a 221g for a interview. Then get it approved in the interview and finally get the passport with the visa back. Ofcourse assuming they dont create any other issue ?

 

Also what will happen if i intentionally mark the Dropbox questionnaire so I dont get dropbox and just force go for a interview as I anyways will have to go. Has anyone ever done that ? 

Share this post


Link to post

I don't have any experience with dui cases, but I would assume it would be safer to just ignore the drop box option do the interview directly especially on a tight timeframe. Getting called for an interview after a dropbox submission is not likely to be completed in 2 weeks.

I have had regular extensions in the past which were eligible for drop box but I choose the interview instead for similar time crunch situations. Even if you complete the questionnaire correctly and it indicates you are eligible for a drop box, it does give you an option to go for the interview instead from what I remember.

 

Edited by rara5

Share this post


Link to post

To save time and have some fun, go for f2f interview instead of expecting a drop box which will waste your time and ask you to come for interview.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, 02112018 said:

To save time and have some fun, go for f2f interview instead of expecting a drop box which will waste your time and ask you to come for interview.

The only way to do that on purpose is to fake select a wrong Dropbox answer. Question is will they be fine with it ? 

Share this post


Link to post

Do you have to fake an answer? I thought it does give you an option to choose the interview even if you are eligible for a drop box. In any event, faking an answer doesn't hurt anything -- the questionnaire is solely to determine dropbox eligibility and not saved as data or on the form anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/19/2019 at 5:49 PM, stampwithgrace said:

I am going to India for 2 and half weeks. Do you think that will be sufficient time to drop passport for dropbox. then get a 221g for a interview. Then get it approved in the interview and finally get the passport with the visa back. Ofcourse assuming they dont create any other issue ?

 

Also what will happen if i intentionally mark the Dropbox questionnaire so I dont get dropbox and just force go for a interview as I anyways will have to go. Has anyone ever done that ? 

2 and half weeks will definitely not be enough in your case even if you go for interview directly. They will ask you to go for physician checkup and then the physician's office directly submits the documents to consulate. You will not have any control over the timing. I am just giving you info, please don't think I am replying negatively.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, shekar11# said:

2 and half weeks will definitely not be enough in your case even if you go for interview directly. They will ask you to go for physician checkup and then the physician's office directly submits the documents to consulate. You will not have any control over the timing. I am just giving you info, please don't think I am replying negatively.

I have done the panel already, this time it wont be a panel as even last time I was not asked to go. But I agree 2 weeks is not enough. But no panel is required if you have already done it. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/28/2019 at 9:40 PM, stampwithgrace said:

I have done the panel already, this time it wont be a panel as even last time I was not asked to go. But I agree 2 weeks is not enough. But no panel is required if you have already done it. 

Hello! I’m in the same boat as you. This is my first renewal and I had already done the medical examination during my last visit to the consulate. Here’s my timeline:

June 24 - Submitted documents at Bangalore Dropbox (answered the eligibility questions truthfully so couldn’t do to interview)

June 27 - Admin Processing 

July 1 - passport ready for pickup , and it had the blue slip asking to submit all arrest documentation. 

Flying to Chennai tomorrow for the interview. You mentioned that you did not have to do the panel the second time, how long after your previous interview did you get your passport in hand and visa issued ? 

 

Going by my timeline I would suggest you find a way to do the interview directly. Sincerely it’s inevitable. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/28/2019 at 12:10 PM, stampwithgrace said:

I have done the panel already, this time it wont be a panel as even last time I was not asked to go. But I agree 2 weeks is not enough. But no panel is required if you have already done it. 

Ok then I think you shud be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/1/2019 at 9:48 AM, abbyruleover said:

Hello! I’m in the same boat as you. This is my first renewal and I had already done the medical examination during my last visit to the consulate. Here’s my timeline:

 June 24 - Submitted documents at Bangalore Dropbox (answered the eligibility questions truthfully so couldn’t do to interview)

 June 27 - Admin Processing 

 July 1 - passport ready for pickup , and it had the blue slip asking to submit all arrest documentation. 

 Flying to Chennai tomorrow for the interview. You mentioned that you did not have to do the panel the second time, how long after your previous interview did you get your passport in hand and visa issued ? 

  

 Going by my timeline I would suggest you find a way to do the interview directly. Sincerely it’s inevitable. 

Check a detailed post I have in my profile from two years ago. It took me about 3 - 4 weeks last time for a drop box renewal with Panel done first time. They did not send me for another panel. This was in mumbai. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×