All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ku201030

Help filling DS-160, 'Other Names Used:'

Hello All,

Can you please suggest me on below;

I am filling DS 160 for my in father in law for B2 visa and i have question regarding 'Other Names Used:', My father in law has different name in his educational certificates and old passport, After that he changed his name and all his new documents (Current Passport, pension documents, Bank Account,etc...) has new name. Since we will be including his educational details in DS 160, should we mention his name in educational certificates in 'Other Names Used:' section of DS-160.

What supporting documents should he needs to carry during his visa interview for this.?

Can you please suggest, Thanks for your time.

Thanks!

Edited by ku201030

18 hours ago, ku201030 said:

should we mention his name in educational certificates in 'Other Names Used:' section of DS-160.

Yes that's what the whole point of that question is. You specify all other names used. Carry previous and new passport or other ID documents. Carry any court or newspaper or any affidavits that were filed to get the name changed.

I would not get to wound up on this....just have him bring a couple of examples in which his old name appears and the papers that pertain to his new name...most other documents are hardly necessary...