All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rajaputra

Children who are renewing their visa and have attained age 14 before the expiration of their last visa

I am in H1b and my spouse and child are in H4 VISA.

Our first VISA issued on DEC/2015 and expired on Sep/2018 (For all ) . Now we are going to India for VISA renewal.

My son got his H4 Visa at the age of 12 yrs. Now he is 15 yrs old.

Does he needs to go through the interview process or can be exempted as both parents meets Interview Waiver criteria. Or all of them needs to go for the visa interview?

Please suggest.

Edited by Rajaputra
typo

On 6/18/2019 at 2:55 PM, Rajaputra said:

I am in H1b and my spouse and child are in H4 VISA.

Our first VISA issued on DEC/2015 and expired on Sep/2018 (For all ) . Now we are going to India for VISA renewal.

My son got his H4 Visa at the age of 12 yrs. Now he is 15 yrs old.

Does he needs to go through the interview process or can be exempted as both parents meets Interview Waiver criteria. Or all of them needs to go for the visa interview?

Please suggest.

You can answer the questions and it will let you know if you or all are eligible for interview waiver.

On 6/19/2019 at 4:31 PM, shekar11# said:

You can answer the questions and it will let you know if you or all are eligible for interview waiver.

I did not get this question during the process of ds160 submission and I got dropbox confirmation letter.

But I see this as a one of the eligibility to get the dropbox.

Below info i found in https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp 

Eligibility Criteria for all applicants except child below 14 years of age and applicant above 80 years of age or older:

• I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply
  • My most recent visa was issued in India
  • I received my visa after January 1, 2008
  • My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.
  • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
  • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost/stolen or cancelled.
  • I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance
  • If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

I I am confused,

On 6/26/2019 at 2:50 PM, Rajaputra said:

I did not get this question during the process of ds160 submission and I got dropbox confirmation letter.

But I see this as a one of the eligibility to get the dropbox.

Below info i found in https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp 

Eligibility Criteria for all applicants except child below 14 years of age and applicant above 80 years of age or older:

• I have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa for which I wish to apply
  • My most recent visa was issued in India
  • I received my visa after January 1, 2008
  • My prior visa is not annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”.
  • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was issued on or after my 14th birthday
  • My most recent visa (in the same class for which I am applying) was not lost/stolen or cancelled.
  • I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance
  • If I am applying for an H or L (individual) or R visa, my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months.

I I am confused,

Your answer shud have been a NO right to that question.

Yes. The child does need biometric followed by an interview. One of my family members is stuck in India thinking that they all qualified for interview waiver (drop off). Even though both parents got their visa yesterday (drop off), one of them needs to stay till the end of July to accompany the 15-year-old child. 

On 6/30/2019 at 8:21 AM, Chai said:

Yes. The child does need biometric followed by an interview. One of my family members is stuck in India thinking that they all qualified for interview waiver (drop off). Even though both parents got their visa yesterday (drop off), one of them needs to stay till the end of July to accompany the 15-year-old child. 

Thank You Chai.

You want me to schedule an interview now only for my child, as we both parents have eligibility?

On 6/30/2019 at 8:21 AM, Chai said:

Do they schedule the interview for child or we need to schedule?

VFS (Pune) tried to assist in scheduling the child interview in June but was not possible. Earliest date was in Sept. They had to block the child's DS-160/ profile for 3 days and had to do everything again. The child is appearing for an interview in July.

Word of advice: Spend quality time in emailing VFS and get the doubts clarified before you head out to India. 

On 7/3/2019 at 2:54 PM, Chai said:

VFS (Pune) tried to assist in scheduling the child interview in June but was not possible. Earliest date was in Sept. They had to block the child's DS-160/ profile for 3 days and had to do everything again. The child is appearing for an interview in July.

Word of advice: Spend quality time in emailing VFS and get the doubts clarified before you head out to India. 

Hi

I m in same situation now. Mine and my wife applications accepted by dropbox officer, but not my sons application.  They have given the same reason that 15yrs old has to go yo the fingerprints followed by interview. 

They r not able to help me to book a appointment for my son. They asked me to contact call center for scheduling. 

I contacted call center via email by explaining the situation/ scenario but they said they cant help for scheduling an appointment.  They asked me to schedule it in online. But current date is showing September 30. I cant wait till that date and he miss the school and would be behind the syllabus. 

Please help me how ur friend approached and to whom he contacted to schedule the appointment. 

Thanks in advance for ur valuabe suggestions. 

He had to continuously check available visa dates. He and I observed that available visa dates fluctuate quite often if the VFS account is being logged in the US and India from 2 different computers, even at the exact same time. I don't know how but it works. I see from my account that the earliest available date is August 6. You may also want to give it a try. Good luck!