F1 to H4 COS and H4 EAD

I am currently in F1 with my EAD expiring on Feb 5th 2020.  My husband has an approved I-140.

1. Can you suggest if I can move to working on H4 EAD seamlessly without losing employment.

2. Can I apply for a COS from F1 to H4 with a start date of 5th Feb 2020 and for H4 EAD together now? Or do I need to wait until 180 days before 5th Feb 2020 to make the application?

Edited by dhar_mur
22 hours ago, dhar_mur said:

I am currently in F1 with my EAD expiring on Feb 5th 2020.  My husband has an approved I-140.

1. Can you suggest if I can move to working on H4 EAD seamlessly without losing employment.

2. Can I apply for a COS from F1 to H4 with a start date of 5th Feb 2020 and for H4 EAD together now? Or do I need to wait until 180 days before 5th Feb 2020 to make the application?

Yes, you can apply for COS to H-4 and H-4 EAD now. Don't wait. Processing times are longer. Take advantage of the time you have now.

I am advised by my company that the effective start date on my h4 cos form can only be a max of 180 days from now. So if I want the effective date to be 5th February,2020 (end of my F-1 OPT); the earliest I am apply is in August. I do not see this info cited anywhere on the uscis instructions page. Can someone help me with this.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:23 AM, shekar11# said:

Yes, you can apply for COS to H-4 and H-4 EAD now. Don't wait. Processing times are longer. Take advantage of the time you have now.

I am advised by my company that the effective start date on my h4 cos form can only be a max of 180 days from now. So if I want the effective date to be 5th February,2020 (end of my F-1 OPT); the earliest I am apply is in August. I do not see this info cited anywhere on the uscis instructions page. Can you help me with this.

On 6/19/2019 at 5:23 PM, dhar_mur said:

I am advised by my company that the effective start date on my h4 cos form can only be a max of 180 days from now. So if I want the effective date to be 5th February,2020 (end of my F-1 OPT); the earliest I am apply is in August. I do not see this info cited anywhere on the uscis instructions page. Can you help me with this.

That is wrong. You can apply anytime. My spouse had her STEM OPT expiring in May 2017 . She applied for H-4 and H-4 EAD in August  2016 and got approved with no issues.