H1B withdrawal

Hi All,

I have been working with my employer since last many years.  I did my last stamping and I have H1B stamped till 2021. Currently , I am residing outside USA due to family situation and my current client project has been ended last month. 

In this case,   Will employer need to withdraw my H1B petition even if I stay outside US  ? 

if not require, How long employer can hold H1B if candidate is not in US and staying outside US ?

Thanks,

Your employer can withdraw your petition anytime. My project was supposed to go on until 2021 but it ended way before time because of client budget issues. As a result I was laid off and they also sent the withdrawal notice on the last day of my work with client.

But if you find another client with your employer,  they may just need to file for ammendment. Once that is approved, you can come back with new approval notice. Go for premium. also, Check directly with your employer on their plans, ideally they need to send notice to the uscis.