H1B rejected due to insufficient funds

Hello, 

I have applied for Premium Processing in the first phase of FY 2020 H-1B cap-subject i.e., on 1st of April. After my H1 got picked up, my regular H1b fees is cashed out from my employer's bank account. When USCIS tried to cash out PP check from my account on April 16th, I did not have enough funds in my account (assuming PP will not start till May 20th). My employer received an unofficial letter saying my H1 got rejected. My case status says "USCIS made the decision to refund the fee for your Form I-129. Your refund will be mailed to the fee remitter on file. This refund does not affect the processing or location of your case. If you do not receive your refund by September 5, 2019, please call the Burlington Finance Center at 1-802-288-7600." I did not understand if H1 got rejected or just my PP as normal H1 fees is cashed out. 
Has anyone come across a situation like this? If rejected, is there any possibility to reopen the case?

Thanks,

Sidhanth. 

• 1 month later...