Need advice on H4 visa stamping

Hello,
I am currently on J-1 and my H1b got approved (cap exempt) with PP. My wife is on J-2 and her I -539 is still pending, we got I-797c for my wife’s application. My H1b is going to start on July 1st. Our J1/ J2 is valid until Jan 2020, with the same employer. We have our I-140 approved on EB1A. My questions are-
1. If I start working on H1b on July 1st and my wife didn’t get her approval, will she become out of status?
2. Family is planning for India-trip in July, need to attend family ceremonies. Anyway, my wife needs to get a visa stamp for H4. If she leaves the US before her I-539 approved, does it make a problem for H4 stamping? 

3. Since this is her first H4 stamping (not an extension, previously we are on J1/J2), does it make any problem to getting a visa from the US consulate in India as our I-140 on EB1A is also approved? We didn’t file for the I-485 yet.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

1. It very unlikely that your H1 is approved and your wife's H4 is still pending. Its usually both or none. Please give it a few days, you may get the approved petition for H4 via mail. Sometimes the case status won't get updated in the status system.
  2. Check on #1 first. Better get in touch with your attorney to check on the H4 case status.
  3. Just carry a copy of I-140 and be ready to answer all the questions. Its likely that they may want to see your I140 (happened to me). Be honest 🙂

On 6/15/2019 at 8:26 PM, rohit369 said:
  1. It very unlikely that your H1 is approved and your wife's H4 is still pending. Its usually both or none. Please give it a few days, you may get the approved petition for H4 via mail. Sometimes the case status won't get updated in the status system.
  2. Check on #1 first. Better get in touch with your attorney to check on the H4 case status.
  3. Just carry a copy of I-140 and be ready to answer all the questions. Its likely that they may want to see your I140 (happened to me). Be honest 🙂

Thanks for the reply.  I think this is the trend now for COS, due to biometric requirements.  I got my I-797c approval letter and my wife got biometric appointment for her CoS.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:47 AM, Sam UKS said:

Hello,
I am currently on J-1 and my H1b got approved (cap exempt) with PP. My wife is on J-2 and her I -539 is still pending, we got I-797c for my wife’s application. My H1b is going to start on July 1st. Our J1/ J2 is valid until Jan 2020, with the same employer. We have our I-140 approved on EB1A. My questions are-
1. If I start working on H1b on July 1st and my wife didn’t get her approval, will she become out of status?
2. Family is planning for India-trip in July, need to attend family ceremonies. Anyway, my wife needs to get a visa stamp for H4. If she leaves the US before her I-539 approved, does it make a problem for H4 stamping? 

3. Since this is her first H4 stamping (not an extension, previously we are on J1/J2), does it make any problem to getting a visa from the US consulate in India as our I-140 on EB1A is also approved? We didn’t file for the I-485 yet.

Your advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

1. No, she will not be out of status. She has a pending application with USCIS.

2. No problem.

3. No issues.