H1B stamping in New Delhi with DUI

I was arrested for DUI but reduced for reckless driving in Dec 2017. No accidents or injuries. BAC level 0.1. No other accidents or history in last 17 years in USA. 

Appeared for H1B visa stamping (fifth stamping, first after DUI) in New Delhi on May 20th, 2019.

Was asked to go to medical panel and submit report. Submitted report with passport at VFS on May 25th. 

Today is June 10th and status is admin processing still. 

How long should I expect to wait?? I had scheduled my flight to go back to US in a week now. 

On 6/10/2019 at 8:08 AM, Waiting for GC_17years said:

I was arrested for DUI but reduced for reckless driving in Dec 2017. No accidents or injuries. BAC level 0.1. No other accidents or history in last 17 years in USA. 

Appeared for H1B visa stamping (fifth stamping, first after DUI) in New Delhi on May 20th, 2019.

Was asked to go to medical panel and submit report. Submitted report with passport at VFS on May 25th. 

Today is June 10th and status is admin processing still. 

How long should I expect to wait?? I had scheduled my flight to go back to US in a week now. 

Expect a 4 to 6 weeks turn around. Thats the downside of DUI.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me post a response. 

Good news is that I got my visa stamped late last week and came back to US yesterday.

Here is the summary of complete experience.

Visa interview: May 20th: Officer asked about the DUI incident - BAC: 0.09, no accident or property damage, driving alone, final disposition of reckless driving, no other charge for last 17 years in US. Officer asked to get medical report from Max hospital in New Delhi.

Medicals: Completed medicals on same day and provided reports to VFS along with passport on May 23rd. 

Called customer service next day and got to know that medical report is provided to embassy on May 24th. 

Now the waiting began. After 3 weeks from interview, it was hard to focus on anything as thoughts of longer delay and cancellation loomed over mind which obviously would have a huge impact on life given I live in US for last 17 years. I also had to cancel my flight back to US as I had estimated 4 weeks to get the visa in hand. 

Finally after 5 weeks from interview (4 after medical report), CEAC showed visa has been issued!!!!

POE was smooth - Had to go through secondary inspection which took extra 30 minutes, 25 minutes of which were was wait time.

Hope it makes sense.

Best of luck to all of you who are in similar condition. Never drink and drive - I won't. It has such huge implications on rest of your life, If I had any iota of that knowledge, I would not have done that in the first place.

• 4 years later...