All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
twinkles

AFTER DIVORCE DOES H1 HOLDER SHOULD CHANGE INITIAL AFTER CHANGING THE INITIAL IN PASSPORT ?

Hi,

I am in USA on my H1B visa and have recently got divorced; the decree was granted by Indian court. After marriage, In passport and H1B documents my EX Spouse[Recently got divorced] initial is there. Now In Passport, I want to change it to my Initial

Question is Do I have to  immediately change the initial in H1B documents [ I have a valid H1B and VISA till 2021 ] as well after initial change in the passport ? And my Employer is going to start my GC in 3 months, Is there conflicts will come if I have one initial in passport and one initial in H1B documents while applying GC?

How long it will take time to change the initial in Passport?

Thanks

On 6/4/2019 at 11:46 AM, twinkles said:

Hi,

I am in USA on my H1B visa and have recently got divorced; the decree was granted by Indian court. After marriage, In passport and H1B documents my EX Spouse[Recently got divorced] initial is there. Now In Passport, I want to change it to my Initial

Question is Do I have to  immediately change the initial in H1B documents [ I have a valid H1B and VISA till 2021 ] as well after initial change in the passport ? And my Employer is going to start my GC in 3 months, Is there conflicts will come if I have one initial in passport and one initial in H1B documents while applying GC?

How long it will take time to change the initial in Passport?

Thanks

You can change your name first in passport. And then your employer can apply for amendment for name change in H-1.

After that only start GC, so that everything is clear.

Hi Shekar, Thank you for clarifying,

After initial change in passport, Is there a way to apply amendment and GC at same time ?

16 hours ago, twinkles said:

Hi Shekar, Thank you for clarifying,

After initial change in passport, Is there a way to apply amendment and GC at same time ?

Yes, your employer can file both at the same time.