Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IKEA

H1B EXTENSION with I140

Recommended Posts

I'm in my 6th year of H1B and my current company is working on my  PERM application . My 6th year of H1 ends in  Nov 2019. I have approved I140 from company B for which i had never worked. Company B is good to use this I140 for my extension.

As a Note, I'm going to stay with my current company. I had only filed with company B as the timelines are very tight.

Shall i use company B's I140 to file extension with my current company? 

What's the next step after this extension , when should i merge company B's I140 with my current company.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I think you are confusing matters. I-140's can't be merged. Each PERM and I-140 is job and company specific . You can have multiple approved PERMs and I-140's since these are for future jobs. After your PERM is approved, your current company will have to file for an I-140.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/3/2019 at 5:27 PM, IKEA said:

I'm in my 6th year of H1B and my current company is working on my  PERM application . My 6th year of H1 ends in  Nov 2019. I have approved I140 from company B for which i had never worked. Company B is good to use this I140 for my extension.

As a Note, I'm going to stay with my current company. I had only filed with company B as the timelines are very tight.

Shall i use company B's I140 to file extension with my current company? 

What's the next step after this extension , when should i merge company B's I140 with my current company.

 

In order to extend you H1b with current company, you need to have I-140 approved with them. There no merging of I-140. Only thing you can use from old employer is your priority date.

I think you are running out of time staying in US and possibly going out of status after H1b expires - Contact immigration attorney immediately.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/28/2019 at 8:37 AM, care_candidate said:

In order to extend you H1b with current company, you need to have I-140 approved with them. There no merging of I-140. Only thing you can use from old employer is your priority date.

I think you are running out of time staying in US and possibly going out of status after H1b expires - Contact immigration attorney immediately.

ok. can you confirm if I can use the other company I140 to file extension with the current company?

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/30/2019 at 2:02 PM, IKEA said:

ok. can you confirm if I can use the other company I140 to file extension with the current company?

Typically, people use current company's approved I-140 to get to new company' H1b, beyond six years term. So, technically you are doing very similar to that. But, in future, you may be asked your intention to file I-140 with new company when you never joined it. Everyone knows that getting approved I-140 is about 1-2 years of process.

I think you can still do it. It's better to clear that with good attorney.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×