Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

H1B transfer withdrawal while status is RFE

Recommended Posts


Recently got an offer from Company A and they processed my H1B transfer in premium and decision is still pending. I told Company A that I would join the project after H1 approval only.

I have both current H1B and I-94 valid until Oct 2020. But based on my current situation, I have following questions in mind. Can anyone please answer.

1)  I have only 2 years left on H1B and don't have GC process initiated yet. Current Company B is going to initiate GC by this August. Company A also offered to initiate GC immediately after joining. If I get RFE now from company A and they respond it in 3 months for RFE, if it's approved later, is still better to join company A? By that time, my current company B will have filed my PERM.

2)   If I reject the company A offer after getting RFE, can company A withdraw my H1 transfer and get refund for it?

3)  Since H1B transfer and PERM filing could happen at the same time, will it affect other?


Share this post

Link to post

1. It is your personal choice. You can join one company and other can revoke H1B and I140.

2. They can revoke/withdraw H1B and I do not think they will get any refund.

3. if your H1B is rejected, I guess it has effect on PERM. I may be wrong.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now