All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
comeback

H1B with Arrest Record

I was arrested for a driving incident, possibly because I was over speed limit.

However, DA reduced it to "Careless driving" which is a fine-only class-B traffic violation (not a crime).

1. Is my visa automatically revoked? I have not received any email from any consulate.

2. Will I get to know when boarding flight to US, or after landing in US?

3. Will my next H1B extension/renewal be denied due to this arrest, even though I have an approved I-140.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by comeback

You are being very coy. If arrested for speeding then you need to specify the aggravating circumstances. What else happened that you were arrested rather than getting a ticket?  Was any alcohol involved even peripherally?

9 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

You are being very coy. If arrested for speeding then you need to specify the aggravating circumstances. What else happened that you were arrested rather than getting a ticket?  Was any alcohol involved even peripherally?

No there was absolutely no alcohol involved, and they did not even do any alcohol-test on me. I fully cooperated with the police.

I am not sure why I was arrested. Possibly because there were other adult passengers in my car?

Edited by comeback

Were you given citation & then release or were fingerprinted & booked as part of arrest?

If you are fingerprinted then the USCIS knew about your arrest 

Most states would arrest you if you go over 100 or go 80 over 35 speed limit. Was this the case ? What was your speed and the speed limit.