Nogales Mexico Update DS 160 after submission

I got below from one of my friend. I will try this to call them on Monday.

You may contact the National Visa Center at Phone USA (for non immigrant visa inquiries only):  (603) 334-0888. Customer Service Representatives can speak with you Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m EST, excluding holidays. There is no email support available for this service.

Or try calling below number :
The number to dial for any changes to Visa appointment is 7032494628

Beside this planning to submit new DS160 and mail it to below with confirmation page of new DS 160 and ask them to update DS 160 number in my account. mexico_contactus+mx+info+en@visaops.net

On 6/1/2019 at 12:41 AM, 02112018 said:

Just fill a new one and show the same one at consulate while entering. Forget about the one you submitted.

Thanks. That is one of the plan which I have in mind. Last time same thing happened to me in Vancouver Canada and I was able to update my DS 160 while I was in USA with in 3 business days. I am also following same solution and started the ball rolling. I will let you know.

I called and they said they cannot update my DS 160 number. Adviced to cancel my appointment and take new one.

Created and submitted new DS 160 with social media answers and send a mail including confirmation page of new DS 160 submission. I got auto mail with case number saying in 3 to 4 business days they will respond. Pining my hopes on this.

I am not desperate for US visa and my family is travelling with me so trying to get DS 160 updated.

I got a mail from NIVMexico which I cannot understand what does this mean?

We appreciate your email. As long as you have not gone to your ASC appointment to take your photo and fingerprints, you can fill as many applications as you need without any problem. 

All the applications that you do not use will be automatically discarded when you do not use them at a certain time. You do not have to reschedule your appointments.

For your interview, you are required to bring your confirmation page with your application ID number on it so we can retrieve your DS-160. You must bring the confirmation page with you during all phases of the application process. Without the confirmation page, we may not be able to process your visa case.

I got this reply from NIVMexico.

Thank you for your e-mail. As long as you have not attended your ASC appointment you can fill out a new DS-160 application form. Please present your new DS-160 for your ASC appointment. Our ASC colleagues will update your information using your new DS-160 application form.

As per their advice, I filled out new DS 160 and submitted it. I will carry confirmation pages of my old and new DS 160. I will update this post.

Edited by gopalakrishnach

On 06/10, I had my ASC finger print and photo appointment. I took my old DS 160 confirmation page and also new DS 160 confirmation page. I explained them asked them to update my DS 160 number. They just asked me which i want to use. I pointed them correct DS 160. They returned my old DS 160 page and said they do not want it. They scanned new DS 160 and said they updated my profile with new DS 160 page. After photo and finger print they paste a sticker on back of passport. There I checked my new DS 160 number was printed. I also came back and checked my profile at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/niv and there also it got updated.

On 6/10/2019 at 5:30 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

On 06/10, I had my ASC finger print and photo appointment. I took my old DS 160 confirmation page and also new DS 160 confirmation page. I explained them asked them to update my DS 160 number. They just asked me which i want to use. I pointed them correct DS 160. They returned my old DS 160 page and said they do not want it. They scanned new DS 160 and said they updated my profile with new DS 160 page. After photo and finger print they paste a sticker on back of passport. There I checked my new DS 160 number was printed. I also came back and checked my profile at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/niv and there also it got updated.

Great