All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
asraybastola

effect of on being on bench during i485 interview

I just had an interview for my Employment based Green Card, i just got back to the usa like 2 weeks ago from my home country using AP i do not have an end client. I had to travel to my country for my mother's treatment and stayed there for more than 6 months. When asked for my recent paychecks during my interview i told that i just got back from my country and i  am on the bench i will receive paycheck next month . Was that a right thing to say? Or am i supposed to be working  all the time? am i not supposed to be on bench. I said i am on bench thinking that Green card employment offered on I140 is only after Gc i approved. My Employment based green card is sponsored by consulting/staffing company.

What is your current status? In H1 you have to get paid all the time.

And of course, for a GC the job has to exist at all times.

i do have a job offer mentioned on I140, the job mentioned on i140 is after GC is approved. and since i just got back to the usa  i do not have end client for the job that i was doing before i left. Will this cause denialo of my I485?

You had issues personal issues involving your Mom's health and you sorted it out and returned for the Interview. If the sponsor provides documentation in reply to a query from USCIS, you could be all right. The word bench had no place. You came back on AP and also have an EAD. Was it too much to have spent a few hundred dollars on talking to a lawyer before the Interview? You should be all right.

As @pontevecchio said the word bench has no place anywhere. If you were on a personal leave for 6 months overseas, that's all you need to say in the interview. You are not expected to be paid when you are not working and not living in the US. That is self explanatory. Anyways you will be fine I guess.

Edited by giri26