H1B Visa expired with RFE on extension

Hi, 

Please let me know your thoughts on my situation:

I am currently an employee of a consulting company and I am on H1B visa with an approved I140.
My visa expired on December 12, 2018 and an extension was filed prior to the expiration but I got an RFE recently due to no client letter.
My employer is not able to get a client letter at this moment, so I am trying to find what are my options now?

1. I can change my project and work for a new client who could provide a client letter. But is it possible to file another extension + amendment from a different client when the current extension is on RFE?

2. If I change my employer, can the new employer submit a H1B transfer request at this point, as my visa already expired in December and already an RFE is pending.

Please advise?

Thank you,
Abhra

In my case when I was unable to get client letter, we submitted email correspondance between me and my client manager regarding this. In that email they clearly mentioned why they cannot give client letters to contractors. I was fortunate to include correspondence from higher person in HR and Legal Consel at client side. That was good. Try something similar...

1- I guess Yes

2 - I donot know

Edited by gopalakrishnach