Canadians and H1B stamping

55 minutes ago, gopalakrishnach said:

If Canadians no need stamping then why H1B lottery?

Canadians do not need a visa, but they need everything that they would need to get a visa in order to enter the US. In the case of H1b, they need and approved H1b petition to enter the US in H1b status.

Edited by newacct
On 5/17/2019 at 2:00 PM, newacct said:

Canadians do not need a visa, but they need everything that they would need to get a visa in order to enter the US. In the case of H1b, they need and approved H1b petition to enter the US in H1b status.

That's exactly the point of the first question. If a Canadian has an approved H1B petition, can he/she just take that and enter the United States WITHOUT going through the stage of visa stamping in their passport?

On 5/18/2019 at 12:44 PM, canadian3725 said:

That's exactly the point of the first question. If a Canadian has an approved H1B petition, can he/she just take that and enter the United States WITHOUT going through the stage of visa stamping in their passport?

Yes. That's what they normally do. Canadians almost never get US visas.

3 hours ago, newacct said:

Yes. That's what they normally do. Canadians almost never get US visas.

Thanks. That's what I thought - Canadian citizens with an approved H1B petition DO NOT need to go to a US Consulate and DO NOT need visa stamping procedure (like for example, Indian citizens). Canadians with an approved H1B petition can go with their I-797 and other paperwork DIRECTLY to any port of entry and legally enter the US to work with their H1B sponsor. If anybody else with knowledge about this can corroborate or deny this, I would greatly appreciate. Again, not looking for legal advice, just information.