All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bjagan

I-485 Approved for Self and Dependants but priority date is not current

hello All

I had concurrent filed I-140 and I-485 for myself, spouse and child filed on March 6 2018. My I-140 approved around Oct 2018.

We had our I-485 interview on May. Within a week, I can see case status changed to "New Card is being produced" and a day later "Case is Approved" for all of us. We are yet to receive any formal mail about these decisions. 

I'm not sure if this is good or bad. As we all know for India, Priority Date is not current. Please advise if anyone else has gone through similar situation.

If you get your GC within the week, you will know. I assume your PD was current for March and hence you filed concurrently.?

I'm actually confused. My Filing Date is 03/06/2018. Which is also a priority date. At that time, per visa bulletin, Date for Filing was Current. Does that mean, my PD is current ?

7 hours ago, bjagan said:

I'm actually confused. My Filing Date is 03/06/2018. Which is also a priority date. At that time, per visa bulletin, Date for Filing was Current. Does that mean, my PD is current ?

What category? Did your employer file PERM? If so, the date of filing PERM would be the PD.

11 hours ago, JoeF said:

What category? Did your employer file PERM? If so, the date of filing PERM would be the PD.

Its EB1