H1 Transfer applied with New employer but dont want to Join.

Hi Team,

This is my situation. Currently working for Employer-1 & applied H1 transfer with Employer-2. While H1 transfer is in processing i resigned with Employer-1 and in notice period. But, because of some personal reasons i took my resignation back with Employer-1 and want to continue working with Employer-1. This is discussed with Employer-1 and understood my situation to get me back.

Now, below are my questions:

What happens if my H1 transfer with Employer-2 is approved ? Do i need to join Employer-2 now ?

What happens if my H1 transfer with Employer-2 is approved  to my current I797 copy ? Will that be still valid ? 

If H1 transfer gets approved with Employer-2 and Employer-1 is preparing to apply my H1 extension, does this impact anything ?

Should i inform to my Employer-1 on H1 transfer status ? Basically i dont have receipt number also to check the status.

Please share your comments.

Thanks in advance.!!

What happens if my H1 transfer with Employer-2 is approved ? Do i need to join Employer-2 now ?  - No need

What happens if my H1 transfer with Employer-2 is approved  to my current I797 copy ? Will that be still valid ?  It will be valid but joining the company is at your discretion. As per law employer 2 will wait for sometime and inform USCIS that you no longer work with them and may revoke it.

If H1 transfer gets approved with Employer-2 and Employer-1 is preparing to apply my H1 extension, does this impact anything ? - No. Employer 1 can apply for extension.

Should i inform to my Employer-1 on H1 transfer status ? - its your ethical question...but if you are working with Employer 1 and in future if you get any issues with Employer 2 to H1B application in such case if you keep Employer 1 blind they cannot help you...

• 2 months later...