Urgent: Better option to go for visa stamping

Hello

Currently I'm in US employed FT and have not traveled outside US for 6 years now and am thinking to travel to Hyderabad , India this July 2019 with wife and kid.

I have an expired visa stamp and my existing H1B I-797 petition is valid till June 2020. 

1) If I file the H1B extension in Jan 2020 via Premium and get the new approved petition for Jun 2020 - Jun 2023, can I travel to India for visa stamping before June 2020?  Can I book visa interview for petition that starts in future?

And if I do get visa stamp assuming (no admin processing ) will I get a visa stamp for June 2020-23?  

2)Is it ok to travel this July 2019 and get visa stamped for 11 months Or going for stamping next year better to get the 3 year stamp? 

3) If I go this July 2019 when will I be eligible for dropbox?

4) I don't understand the grounds for admin processing for Full time job , I'm not sure how long it takes (hopefully less than 60 days)...  

Do people usually book 1 way tickets to India while going for visa interview????? 

I've been avoiding travel to India due to fear of admin processing in Hyderabad (having got stuck before) and with no GC-EAD in sight I really want to travel.

Please advise, suggestions welcome!

1. You probably don't need to file premium as you are applying 6 months before expiration. You cannot book for visa interview before approval of I-797A because first, you do need details from that document and second, you cannot book appointment that much in advance, may be a month or two month before only.

2. Yes, perfectly fine to get it stamped for few months. Visa officer will probably inform or ask you what your plans are after 11 months.

3. Drop box eligibility is determined while you make appointment. There are series of 6-7 questions you have to answer. Such as

A. Are you applying for same visa type
      B. Is your current visa still active at time of stamping
      C. Are you applying at same location where you got previous visa
      D. Are you applying for same employer/school?..........

"Yes" answer to all question leads to approval of dropbox eligibility. There is no option for you to choose drop box.

4. Typically full time job is 40+ hours since the beginning of employment. 

Yes, return ticket is not a problem. From your questions, it appears that you have some doubt about approval. Do people in your company have got denial or admin processing delay with similar situations? If that is the case, you should think carefully.

There is no point is avoiding because of fear or rejection or delay. A lot of people don't have option to do this anyway. Having GC not in sight is common concern that has no effect here.

Thanks care_Candidate, some more responses to fill in here:

1) For next year 2020 I plan to visit India in first half of the year, thats why Premium Processing.,

3) Dropbox I was asking if I go this year and have visa stamped till 2020.

4) Nothing about denial/delay in my company , its just seems with all paperwork and correct answers there's still no guarantee of visa stamp without admin processing in Hyderabad, not sure if this still holds true? Or should I opt for Canada?

My primary question is if I go for visa stamping say March 2020 with new approved petition valid June 2020-2023, will the visa stamp start date commence from March 2020-23 itself or will it give June 2020-23 validity?

On 5/9/2019 at 1:29 PM, Disturbia said:

Hello

Currently I'm in US employed FT and have not traveled outside US for 6 years now and am thinking to travel to Hyderabad , India this July 2019 with wife and kid.

I have an expired visa stamp and my existing H1B I-797 petition is valid till June 2020. 

1) If I file the H1B extension in Jan 2020 via Premium and get the new approved petition for Jun 2020 - Jun 2023, can I travel to India for visa stamping before June 2020?  Can I book visa interview for petition that starts in future?

And if I do get visa stamp assuming (no admin processing ) will I get a visa stamp for June 2020-23?  

2)Is it ok to travel this July 2019 and get visa stamped for 11 months Or going for stamping next year better to get the 3 year stamp? 

3) If I go this July 2019 when will I be eligible for dropbox?

4) I don't understand the grounds for admin processing for Full time job , I'm not sure how long it takes (hopefully less than 60 days)...  

Do people usually book 1 way tickets to India while going for visa interview????? 

I've been avoiding travel to India due to fear of admin processing in Hyderabad (having got stuck before) and with no GC-EAD in sight I really want to travel.

Please advise, suggestions welcome!

1. Yes, you can do that. My friend recently went 4 months ahead and had no issues. Visa stamp always has an issue date. Not a start date.

2. Any option is good.

3. You will be eligible for dropbox till May 2021.

4. You can book round trip and then modify if anything changes. But everyone has their own plans.