Am I eligible for Drop box?

Hello Everybody,

I have got H1B visa in oct 2017. I went to India and got H1B stamping which is valid till 2020. Recently, I have changed my employer and my I797 valid till 2021. Now, I would like to go India. If i go India, do i need to attended visa stamping? or am i eligible for drop box? please guide. Thank you!

17 hours ago, user1239 said:

Hello Everybody,

I have got H1B visa in oct 2017. I went to India and got H1B stamping which is valid till 2020. Recently, I have changed my employer and my I797 valid till 2021. Now, I would like to go India. If i go India, do i need to attended visa stamping? or am i eligible for drop box? please guide. Thank you!

You don't need new visa stamp. You can use your existing visa stamp. Make sure you show your new employer I-797 at port of entry. Please post your experience after trip as it will be great help for other folks.

On 5/8/2019 at 11:23 AM, shekar11# said:

You don't need new visa stamp. You can use your existing visa stamp. Make sure you show your new employer I-797 at port of entry. Please post your experience after trip as it will be great help for other folks.

sure I will.

Actually answer is no. CBP officer want to know the stamp you use to enter US is where you work and have that I-797A with you. It is fraud to show one visa for one employer and work for different employer. If if doesn't get recognized at that point, It will be registered on your account and you will have conflict of dates of employment at the time of GC processing.

4 hours ago, care_candidate said:

Actually answer is no. CBP officer want to know the stamp you use to enter US is where you work and have that I-797A with you. It is fraud to show one visa for one employer and work for different employer. If if doesn't get recognized at that point, It will be registered on your account and you will have conflict of dates of employment at the time of GC processing.

Are you exactly sure. Lot of folks do that. Visa is not actually tied to a employer.

11 hours ago, care_candidate said:

It is perfectly fine to enter with a valid H1 visa, even if it was for a previous employer, as long as you have proof of a new approved H1 petition for a new employer. No need to get a new visa if the current one isn't expired.

And good immigration lawyers know that.

Edited by JoeF