Accompanying Mother for B2 Visa

Hi All:

I am in the US but my single mother is in India and she is applying for the US B2 visitor visa. She cannot hear properly. 

Question: I read that in some cases, someone can accompany the applicant inside the embassy and give interview on behalf of the applicant. In what situation, one can accompany the applicant? Can I go inside with her? I can submit hospital's note if needed to prove that she needs assistance.

She had 10 years visa which is expired now. She herself gave interview first time 11 years back.

Thanks

H1 Holder

8 hours ago, h1_holder_06 said:

Hi All:

I am in the US but my single mother is in India and she is applying for the US B2 visitor visa. She cannot hear properly. 

Question: I read that in some cases, someone can accompany the applicant inside the embassy and give interview on behalf of the applicant. In what situation, one can accompany the applicant? Can I go inside with her? I can submit hospital's note if needed to prove that she needs assistance.

She had 10 years visa which is expired now. She herself gave interview first time 11 years back.

Thanks

H1 Holder

You should call ustraveldocs and get  info for special requirements that your mother may have.  Last time I remember, one can specify the special requirements while applying on ustraveldocs. Call them :

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp

14 hours ago, care_candidate said:

They have facility to accommodate disable applicants. Contact them directly while taking appointment or you can go to INFOPASS appointment yourself in US and get full information and ask questions personally.

Thank you for the prompt response. How do I go to INFOPASS? did you mean US Travel Docs website? Who do I ask questions personally?

13 hours ago, ravi2375 said:

Thank you for the prompt response. How do I go to INFOPASS? did you mean US Travel Docs website? Who do I ask questions personally?

Just take appointment with link

https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/v2

It is free service provided where you can personally talk to officer in their visa-interview kind of setting. Many times it depends on how knowledgeable the officer is on answering questions. What I observed from my experience in one of the low populated State that officer took time to find answers from her computer database and explained to the guy who was not so good in English. She actually wrote all the answers on screen, translated into Spanish and let reader read out so he could understand. It was impressive to me when I watched that during my waiting time.

You may get good response as this is legitimate inquiry. Just make sure to prepare with questions, take notes and directions....goodluck

Edited by care_candidate
On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, care_candidate said:

Just take appointment with link

https://my.uscis.gov/en/appointment/v2

It is free service provided where you can personally talk to officer in their visa-interview kind of setting. Many times it depends on how knowledgeable the officer is on answering questions. What I observed from my experience in one of the low populated State that officer took time to find answers from her computer database and explained to the guy who was not so good in English. She actually wrote all the answers on screen, translated into Spanish and let reader read out so he could understand. It was impressive to me when I watched that during my waiting time.

You may get good response as this is legitimate inquiry. Just make sure to prepare with questions, take notes and directions....goodluck

Thank you very much. Very useful information. I am in NJ and their field office does not schedule InfoPass appointment. See attached. Even Phila office does not schedule InfoPass appointments.

InfoPass_1.png