H4 Stamping

Hi,  I am on H1B and have a valid visa stamped with employer-1. My wife is traveling alone to India and she has her visa scheduled in 1 month from now. Her DS160 carries my details and my employer as employer-1. I am now in the middle of changing job and probably by the time she goes for the interview I will have new 797A from employer-2. I may have also joined employer-2 by then.

(a) Is her visa interview now meaningless because her DS160 carries older details?

(b) Assuming I will send a copy of my 797A to her, Can she revise the documents before visa interview, or somehow get stamped without changing her appointment date?

Thanks and Regards,

14 hours ago, DK111 said:

Hi,  I am on H1B and have a valid visa stamped with employer-1. My wife is traveling alone to India and she has her visa scheduled in 1 month from now. Her DS160 carries my details and my employer as employer-1. I am now in the middle of changing job and probably by the time she goes for the interview I will have new 797A from employer-2. I may have also joined employer-2 by then.

(a) Is her visa interview now meaningless because her DS160 carries older details?

(b) Assuming I will send a copy of my 797A to her, Can she revise the documents before visa interview, or somehow get stamped without changing her appointment date?

Thanks and Regards,

Your wife can fill out a new DS-160 with your new employer details and take that with her and get it updated during finger printing appointment. She needs to be sure to let them know of the change in DS-160 on finger printing day.