Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Process to change last name to husband's last name after marriage in USA ?

Recommended Posts

I am currently on H4 and my husband is on H1-B. His Green Card is in process and his I-140 is approved and we are waiting for the priority date to become current.
I haven't changed my last name on my Passport and Visa to my husband's after marriage.I also have a Taxpayer ID( no SSN) with the same name as in my passport and H4 Visa.
I am planning to change my last name to my husband's last name here in US.
Is there anything that I should be concerned about?
Also what is the process to get it done?

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now