All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cmat22

Visitor visa 214B/221G for my mother

Hi,

My dad and mom qualified for dropbox option, however my mom's visa got denied but dad got his visa! And this is after she has visited me 4 times in the last 10 years and has gone back promptly every time! I believe she has to prove her ties to India with financial documentation. 

She received a 214b, saying "Today's decision cannot be appealed, however you can reapply at any time. If you decide to reapply, you must submit new application form and photo, pay the visa fee again as applicable and be interviewed by a consular officer."

However she also received a 221g sheet, with a case number and this option ticked "Please appear for an interview with a consular officer Mon, Tue, Thu from 10AM-11 AM. Please bring this letter for the interview. Do not make a new appointment" Nothing else is checked on 221g, no documents line items have been checked.

Now what should i do? I have a few questions!

1) How should she get to the consular officer? I can think of following options, which one?

A -> Send my mom to Chennai with the 221g form, OLD DS160, supporting documents during the window specified in 221g and not take a new appointment?

B -> Send my mom to Chennai with the 221g form, fill out a NEW DS160, supporting documents during the window specified in 221g and not take a new appointment?

C -> Start fresh, Fill new DS 160, pay visa application fee again, take an appointment, and send her to chennai with all documentation?

2) What documentation has helped in securing visa? My mom has a bank account that she can show. Should i also send my financial documents? And my sister lives in India, will her details help?

3) How can she get a preferred language for the interview if she just has to show up as mentioned in 221g? My dad has always accompanied my mom in visa interviews as a group, now she has to go alone, she cant speak fluent English, i need a specific language for the interview. How can i request this if she doesnt take an appointment?

I am anxious to send my mom alone for the interview, but i don't have a choice...

If anyone has experienced this, let me know how you approached this?

Thanks!

First, you do not know what the CO wants....papers mean nothing, prove nothing. An applicant cannot be denied 214b if they have not appeared before a CO...I think the letter was a small mistake...her case is set aside under 221g, her application fee is still valid, she just needs to appear personally for an interview. The COs do not care about bank accounts nor any other document....they do not interview papers...only people. Your papers are worthless as are your sister's....for whatever the reason the CO wishes to interview her, and thus, she must go to the consulate...they will figure out the language requirements, not you. I know this may sound strange, but most COs have interviewed thousands of people...they do not need outside assistance. Just have her follow the instructions given to her,namely, show up for the interview...period.