All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Triveni j

My husband's J1 visa got rejected.

My husband's J1 visa got rejected my husband was asked only about his training program and nothing else.handed him a general paper of rejection 214b .

On 5/7/2019 at 2:02 AM, pontevecchio said:

What sort of training program was he seeking to get into?

Hotel management training program.

Likely because the odds of him returning following this training is around 1%....'hotel training' under the J1 is or was just a way for hotels to get incredibly cheap labor...very little training ever takes place...other than a couple of random lectures ..and in my own experience, admittedly some years ago, the non-return rate for those few granted visas was 100%...it is a very questionable program because of the rampant abuse.

On 5/9/2019 at 1:28 AM, Noah Lott said:

Likely because the odds of him returning following this training is around 1%....'hotel training' under the J1 is or was just a way for hotels to get incredibly cheap labor...very little training ever takes place...other than a couple of random lectures ..and in my own experience, admittedly some years ago, the non-return rate for those few granted visas was 100%...it is a very questionable program because of the rampant abuse.

So what we can do now?

not really much of anything....letters from anyone do not mean anything, promises to return even less. The entire program is mostly bogus-- that is the problem...it is used to acquire cheap labor under the guise of training and virtually no one returns from such training. He is better off pursuing whatever career/job he has now.