I-485 Denied on the basis of 2 main documents required

Hi All, 

My I-485 was denied because of 2 major missing documents (Birth certificate from home country and affidavit of support from spouse). Should i file a motion to reopen the case along with the missing documents  or file the case all over again? I am getting mixed advice from lawyers that i have called. 

Just to mention that i received the notice of decision for I-485 on april 25th 2019. I do have I-797 notice which states that petition for GC has been approved. I am not sure if that is of any help or not or if it is valid anymore. I received my I-797 notice in January. 

Any advice will be highly appreciated. 

Thank you & Regards 

Edited by AminaMasood
Missed to turn the reply tabs on
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 2:36 PM, AminaMasood said:

Hi All, 

My I-485 was denied because of 2 major missing documents (Birth certificate from home country and affidavit of support from spouse). Should i file a motion to reopen the case along with the missing documents  or file the case all over again? I am getting mixed advice from lawyers that i have called. 

Just to mention that i received the notice of decision for I-485 on april 25th 2019. I do have I-797 notice which states that petition for GC has been approved. I am not sure if that is of any help or not or if it is valid anymore. I received my I-797 notice in January. 

Any advice will be highly appreciated. 

Thank you & Regards 

What was the problem in birth certificate?