All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SW_employee

H1 to H4/H4 EAD Approved, planning for India trip

Hello Everyone,

I recently converted from H1 to H4 as I am completing 6 years on H1-B. H4 started 2 weeks prior to H1 expiry date.

H4-EAD was approved from same day and my employer accepted EAD so I am continuing to work at same client location and same employer.

My current employer is also processing my green card and labor is expected to be filed by June or so.

Now, I am planning India trip and have few questions.

1. Am I eligible for dropbox or I have to go for consular processing? Either way, is there a risk considering I am still working on EAD and may have labor filed on my behalf by then.

2. What documents do I need to carry? Do I need to print wedding photos or family photos as well? Do I need to carry husband's approved I-140 based on which I applied for H4 EAD?

3. I dont have stamp for my last H1-B (which is about to expire). Will that be issue? 

4. My husband does not have stamp for his latest H1-B on his passport. Will this be issue?

5. If my husband is also accompanying for India trip (we are still thinking), do we both have to go together for visa processing? or he has to get stamping done first? 

On 4/25/2019 at 4:50 PM, SW_employee said:

Hello Everyone,

I recently converted from H1 to H4 as I am completing 6 years on H1-B. H4 started 2 weeks prior to H1 expiry date.

H4-EAD was approved from same day and my employer accepted EAD so I am continuing to work at same client location and same employer.

My current employer is also processing my green card and labor is expected to be filed by June or so.

Now, I am planning India trip and have few questions.

1. Am I eligible for dropbox or I have to go for consular processing? Either way, is there a risk considering I am still working on EAD and may have labor filed on my behalf by then.

2. What documents do I need to carry? Do I need to print wedding photos or family photos as well? Do I need to carry husband's approved I-140 based on which I applied for H4 EAD?

3. I dont have stamp for my last H1-B (which is about to expire). Will that be issue? 

4. My husband does not have stamp for his latest H1-B on his passport. Will this be issue?

5. If my husband is also accompanying for India trip (we are still thinking), do we both have to go together for visa processing? or he has to get stamping done first? 

1. You can answer the questions on the website and it will tell whether you are qualified for drop box or not. No risk.

2. All your H-1, H-4 docs and also your spouse H-1 docs, I-140 including marriage cert and photos.

3. No.

4. No.

5. You can go together. No issues.