All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pia S

Update or Replace DS-160 after scheduling Visa Appointment

I am hoping to schedule a visa appointment in Mumbai in the month of July 2019. 

I have completed a DS-160 form with my current H1B I-797 approval notice, which is valid through September 7th 2019. However, my employer is now filing an extension using premium processing.

- Is it possible for me to set up an appointment  using my current DS-160 form, so I am able to secure an interview in the month of July? Then, once I receive my new I-797, could I change or submit a new DS-160 reflecting the extension, prior to my July visa appointment?
- Alternatively, do I have to wait for my extension to come through before setting up a visa appointment (I am worried I would risk losing my desired July interview date.)?

Thank you in advance for your input.

For scheduling visa interview no need to submit DS 160. You just need DS 160 number. But make sure your DS 160 is active till the moment you book visa appointment and submit it. Normally people start a DS 160, book an appointment and when they want to submit DS 160 it becomes invalid for some reason.

On 4/24/2019 at 10:14 AM, Pia S said:
I am hoping to schedule a visa appointment in Mumbai in the month of July 2019. 

I have completed a DS-160 form with my current H1B I-797 approval notice, which is valid through September 7th 2019. However, my employer is now filing an extension using premium processing.

- Is it possible for me to set up an appointment  using my current DS-160 form, so I am able to secure an interview in the month of July? Then, once I receive my new I-797, could I change or submit a new DS-160 reflecting the extension, prior to my July visa appointment?
- Alternatively, do I have to wait for my extension to come through before setting up a visa appointment (I am worried I would risk losing my desired July interview date.)?

Thank you in advance for your input.

DS-160 is only valid for 30 days from the date you create it. So make sure you edit DS-160 before 30 days or else it will be gone. If you cannot do that fill a new DS-160 form and you can update the new number during finger printing. They will update it for you.

17 hours ago, shekar11# said:

DS-160 is only valid for 30 days from the date you create it. So make sure you edit DS-160 before 30 days or else it will be gone. If you cannot do that fill a new DS-160 form and you can update the new number during finger printing. They will update it for you.

Thank you for your reply. 

So are you saying I can book my appointment using existing DS-160; then fill a brand new DS-160 reflecting my visa extension, prior to my visa interview? 

On 4/26/2019 at 9:37 AM, Pia S said:

Thank you for your reply. 

So are you saying I can book my appointment using existing DS-160; then fill a brand new DS-160 reflecting my visa extension, prior to my visa interview? 

Yes. And you need to take that to the finger printing appointment and let them know that you have an updated DS-160.